Bring history to life
Answer the question, “What was it like back then?” by creating shows and demonstrations that give your family an opportunity to bring history to life.
- Shows can bring to life an aspect of history highlighted in personal and family histories and books.
- Use period clothing found in family trunks and boxes.
- It’s easy for all ages to participate.
- Demonstrations can include and highlight the waythingswere done and made.
- Examples of demonstrations include whittling, caning, quilting, butter churning, ice cream making, calligraphy, or knitting.
- Have a family member do a cooking demonstration of an old family recipe.