Whenever you are requesting information from the library or organization, you need to be very clear and concise. The following are examples of the type of information the research staff will need to complete certain types of searches:
- Exact name of the family (first and last name of head of household).
- Location of residence (county and either precinct or nearby town).
Newspapers (looking for notices of deaths, marriages, births, and other such events):
- First and last name.
- Date and place of event.
- Naturalization Records:
- Name of the individual naturalized.
- County where the person was naturalized, if known.
- Individual’s name.
- County where the will was probated.
- Date of death.