This is a comprehensive tutorial for researching the 1900 U.S. federal census. You will be introduced to what I have used and shared with thousands to successfully find generations of family. Begin by learning how to use the census as a foundation to effective research, identify, map, and follow family through generations.
The tutorial will expand your knowledge and skills of how to conduct an exhaustive search to find genealogical and Family History records, repositories, resolve research problems and connect with resources researching similar lines.
The tutorial is divided into the following sections:
- 1790-1940 U.S federal census resources
- Introduction to 1900 U.S. federal census
- How to effectively use the 1900 U.S. federal census
- Expand your census research with military records
- Defining the U.S. federal census
- How to use the 1900 U.S. federal census
- Questions asked on the 1900 census
- Download 1900 U.S. census research aids. Download and print the following resources to aid your census research.